As with humans, obesity puts stress on your pet’s joints which can cause him or her pain. In our goal to work with you to help your pet enjoy a long, happy and healthy life, we offer Pet Gym Memberships and Nutritional Counseling so you can better manage your pet’s weight.
For pets that need to manage their weight, stay healthy, maintain their proper weight or build strength, we have fitness memberships available. With our pet fitness membership, you will receive:
- Consultation with one of Flannery Animal Hospital’s certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioners, who will develop an exercise program to suit your pet’s needs
- Two or three workout sessions per week with our exercise coaches
- Scheduled use of our hydrotherapy tank and exercise equipment
- Frequent weigh-ins and measurements to track your pet’s progress
Programs for performance dogs can also be designed to help improve:
- Cardiovascular conditioning
- Muscle strength
Sessions are available by appointment only. Evening appointments are available upon request. For our clients with busy schedules, we offer day-stay and boarding exercise options. For information or to enroll, please call us at 845-565-7387 (PETS).
In addition to our pet fitness membership, we offer nutritional counseling to help your pet manage their weight and maintain their proper weight. We can prescribe a weight loss diet for pets that need to take weight off or dietary supplements to be sure your dog is getting all the nutrition he or she needs. In cases where there may be skin problems or joint pain we may recommend the use of neutraceuticals which can have health benefits (such as reduced joint pain) with little or no side effects.
For more information on our Nutritional Counseling, please give us a call at 845-565-PETS or speak to your veterinarian at your regularly scheduled appointment.