Everyone knows the number 911, but whom do you call when your pet is in a crisis? Flannery Animal Hospital’s emergency hotline, 565-PETS, is as easy to remember as 911. Our emergency care team is available 24 hours, 7 days a week and 365 days per year.
Our specially trained veterinarians and technicians are prepared for and accustomed to both serious, life-threatening emergencies, as well as other painful or concerning mishaps. With our staff on site 24/7, we’re able to assist at a moment’s notice, and then provide the constant follow-up care necessary to return your pet to their full health, such as:
Not sure if it’s really an emergency? That’s okay! You should never hesitate to call, even if to just voice your concerns. Someone will always be on the other end to listen and help you determine a good course of action. To start, familiarize yourself with the following symptoms, and if you notice one in your pet, come right away!
- Bleeding from the eyes, nose, or mouth
- Blood present in their urine or feces
- Bloated abdomen
- Diarrhea that has lasted for more than 24 hours
- Difficulty urinating
- Difficulty walking
- Difficulty with birth
- Eye problems (bumping into things may be a display of vision problems)
- No detectable heartbeat
- Not breathing or having difficulty breathing
- Pale or gray gums
- Sudden weakness or refusal to be social
- Trauma or physical injury
- Vomiting blood
- Your pet will not wake up
- You suspect broken bones
- You suspect they have ingested something poisonous
Illness, injury and poisoning are scary to think about, but being prepared will help you act when you need to most; and you can rest assured knowing that peace of mind is just a phone call away: 845-565-PETS (7387).